Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year. New Challenges.

Another new year begins. 2010 is bound to be something great.
I realize that I keep so little of my day to day happenings in text that I often lose my memories altogether. Did that happen last week? Or was it Friday? Two weeks ago? I would never be able to remember unless I had jotted a note down in my planner. 
For posterity, my new years resolution is to write in this blog at least every other day. I am committing to making 2010 a better year than it's ugly bastard cousin, 2009. 


So I splurged and got myself a Wii Fit Plus. 

I'm gonna get serious about losing this weight. 
Boyfriend and I have a running bet. Whoever has the least credits on Wii Fit for the week has to make dinner on Friday. This will benefit us both because his cooking is in dire need of improvement. On top of that, I was lucky enough to receive three cookbooks for Christmas!

  • Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookboook by Anthony Bourdain
     I squealed when I tore the wrapping paper off of the book. Thanks to my oldest brother and his lovely wife, I am able to eat bistro fare to my heart's content. I have a total cooking crush on TonyBoyfriend and I are completely addicted to No Reservations. Our DVR used to be flooded with the series before we ditched cable. I found out recently that he is actually going to be here next week at the Wells Fargo Center. WHhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond
    Boyfriend's parents got me this book for Christmas because I made them pasta carbonara from her site the first time that they came over to the apartment for dinner. I LOOOOVEEEEE REE! She is a total goofball and does a really great job of depicting each and every step that she does. Boyfriend particularly appreciated this book because it's full of food he would actually eat. This is not the case with escargot or coq au vin. My silly boy, how will you ever experience the wonders of the world without tasting the food that people cherish?

  • Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking by Stephanie O'Dea

    I put this book on my wishlist on a whim. I've been trying to get into the crockpot movement because I mean what is simpler than making something in the morning switching it on and getting home to lovely food? The crockpot, come to speak of it, is currently simmering it's first meal. (Thanks for the crockpot, Mom! You rock.) Chicken, onions, rosemary, oregano, garlic and pasta sauce. Yum. 




    Can't wait to start burning through them. 
    Culinary greatness, here I come.


    And so the year begins again, fresh and full of possibility. 
    Boyfriend and I have spent the week being lazy and waking up at ten. Something neither of us has had the luxury of doing in a very long time. Monday marks the start of school. Hopefully my last at SRJC. Alright 2010, lets do this.




No comments:

Post a Comment